Friday, October 14, 2016

Love, selfless or selfish?

Declaring love publicly for someone might be a sweet, romantic and selfless gesture but don't you find it rather selfish at the same time? Selfless because your lover is everything to you, you are everything to your lover. Selfish because your lover is off limits to others and in other words, warning strangers to ward off, less the exposure to new acquaintances. How brutal is that?

Taking lions for example, the lion can have many lioness but the lioness only has one lion. How sad and unfair is that? Do lions feel? Do they even love? The lioness is selfless but lion is awfully selfish. 

I have no objections on my partner selflessly publicly declaring love for me but sometimes I wonder if this selfless act of him might be due to a bit of selfishness? Hmm. Well, maybe I should not think too much into it.

Just want to ask myself why do I even think of this fml seriously. Logical, too damn logical. Damnit.