Monday, March 11, 2024

4 Years update

3 months into 2024 - Turning 31, in a mid-life crisis (that is assuming my lifespan is 60), quitted my toxic job and travelled for 2 months.

From 2020 to 2023 was uneventful with the same job, increasing toxic environment and not to say - no increament in salary and prospects - and I handed in the letter later than I should.

But I will say, all turns out the right timing. For me to recharge, start anew in 2024.
I can say that new 30s, new year, new me.

I flew to Bangkok in the morning of 2 Jan 2024, spent sometime with my fam on new year but thats about it. Then to Taiwan for a week, and Indonesia for another week, then Tokyo and returned from 2 weeks Canada and California trip not long ago. Trips were a mix of solo, with friend, family.

I thought a lot during my trips.
I have increasing craving for personal autonomy and interacting with like-minded individuals broaden my perspective.

They asked "What's stopping you?".

To be honest, nothing.
The asian in me is limiting myself.
I am seeing the world in the stereotypical right and wrong lens.

In reality, there are no right or wrongs, people create rules, people break away from rules. One cannot just expect something from others and no one can expect anything of me.

I want to explore the world next, I want to go global.